Even a small driblet can create something grand...

Saturday, May 10, 2008

NS hiking trip

The Dutch railroads (NS) set out routes from one station to another. Today I walked from one station to another, but not one that you would find in any official NS hiking book. I started in Amsterdam and via the Pelgrims route (LAW 7-1 for people that are familiar with this stuff) until I reached Nieuwveen. I then took the Marskramer route (LAW 3-3) until I reached Leiden central station.

[ and that will take you just over 11 hours of walking... ]


Beautiful part of the route, just outside Amsterdam forest...

In leiden I took the train back to Amsterdam centraal station. All in all I think this was a suitable walk for my 33rd birthday; 70km is more then enough for a single day...

Driblets [0]

Leave something behind

<< Back