Even a small driblet can create something grand...

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Ice, aaaarrrrggghhh

I do not know what the obsession of the Americans is with ice. They have it everywhere, in your water, in your ice tea (duh?), in your coke, big bowls you get get even more ice from, heaps and heaps of ice to cool little cups of yogurt.

[ everywhere I look, I see icecubes... ]

I think I can savely claim I've seen more icecubes here in Austin then I've come across in the last 2 years in the Netherlands.


Ice, ice, ice, all in perfect little melting cube shapes...

And of course it should be my fate to get involved in an ice accident: during as session I was trying to refill my glass from a large pitcher. There wasn't that much water in it anymore, but there was still plenty of ice. A small trickle would come out, slowly filling my glass. I tilted the pitcher just a little more to get some more ice cold water, and tilt it just that crucial little bit when... all of a sudden the whole clump of frozen cubes slides forward from the bottom of the pitcher. Result: a great number of cubes spill out on to the table.

[ right into my lap..! ]

Ice and I will not become best palls, that's for sure....

Driblets [0]

Leave something behind

<< Back